Service Preference APSC ACS,ALRS,SUPERINTENDENT OF TAXES

2. Educational background

Class 10 %, Year, School 78.9% ,2008, MAHARISHI VIDYA MANDIR
Class 12%, Year, Institution 65.2%, 2010, COTTON COLLEGE
Degree %, Year, College 58.9%, 2013, HANDIQUE GIRL’S COLLEGE
Post-Graduation 95%, 2015,GAUHATI UNIVERSITY
Hobbies Cooking and listening music
Job Experience None

3. Many hearty congratulations on your success. Tell us something about yourself and your family and why did you choose Civil Services as a career?

Ans: Thank you so much . Hello everyone I am Namrata Das from Guwahati ,Assam .My family mainly consist of four members my father ,my mother ,my elder sister and me. My father is a retired civil servant , my mother is a homemaker and my elder sister is a school teacher .I chose civil service as a career because my father is a retired civil servant who served under the Government of Arunachal Pradesh so the inspiration directly comes from my family .To be in the coveted list is like a dream that has come true not only for me but also for my beloved family so civil service is not just a career option for me but it’s a dream that has come true. Moreover civil service is the only platform through which we can serve our motherland directly .

1. When did you start the preparation for APSC?

Ans: I started my preparation for APSC in 2015 immediately after completing my post graduation.

1. How much time do you think is required to prepare for this exam?

Ans: I think 1year of serious preparation is enough to be able to crack the exam .

1. How many hours on an average did you devote to studies?

Ans: I used to study for about 10hrs a day .

1. Do you think coaching is necessary for APSC?

Ans: I think coaching is necessary only when one is clueless about the exam so to get an idea  one can go for coaching but if one is confident enough that he/she will be able to crack the exam even without coaching then go for it because to crack this exam one should have faith in oneself.

PRELIMS

1. What was your strategy for prelims?

Ans: My strategy for prelims was simple. I solved the previous year question papers for both the papers after completing the syllabus.

1. How did you choose your optional for prelims?

Ans: I chose Political science as my optional for prelims because I did my Post Graduation in Political science so choosing optional for prelims was not a difficult task .

1. Book List for Prelims GS
History Old NCERT for Ancient ,Medieval and Modern History
Polity Lakshmikant Basu
Geography NCERT from 6 to 12
Economy Ramesh Singh
Science From internet
Assam Related Assam year book by Shantanu kaushik Barua
Maths Solved previous year questions
Reasoning Solved previous year questions
Current Affairs Assam tribune and Jagran josh

1. Booklist for Prelims Optional
Guide book on Political science by Chandra Prakashan and NAAC

12.Is language a barrier in the preparation for APSC? (Since many books/materials are not available in Assamese), and how you prepared the various sections related to the ASSAM and NORTH EAST?

Ans:No I don’t think so that language is a barrier in the preparation for APSC because  books from SEBA BOARD  are easily available in Assamese . For preparation of various sections related to Assam and Northeast I followed Assam year book by Santanu Kaushik Baruah.

MAINS

13.What was your strategy for mains? And strategy in applying the order of preferences for various posts?

Ans: Solved previous year questions of all the papers and revised it .I didn’t have any strategy in applying the order of preferences for various post.

14.Did you make notes or prepare answers?

Ans: I prepared notes only for those topics which are not easily available rest I studied from books and from internet.

15.Did you practice answer writing?

Ans: Yes I did answer writing practice.

16.What was your strategy for time management during mains exam? How to wisely choose optional for the mains? How you revised all the three sections (GS, Current Affairs, and Optional)?

Ans: Keep your answers short and simple and complete the whole paper within the provided time frame. I think one should opt their respective  graduation subject for optional in mains as  it really helps a lot and it consumes less time and one can focus in GS and Current affairs.

17.How many questions/marks did you attempt in GS and Optional?

Ans: I attempted all the questions in both GS and Optional .

18.How did you prepare for General English Paper?

Ans: Solved previous year question papers.

19.Booklist for Mains GS

History Same as prelims
Polity Same as prelims
Geography Same as prelims
Economy Same as prelims
Science Same as prelims
Assam Related Same as prelims
Current Affairs Same as prelims

20.Booklist for Mains Optional 1 POLITICAL SCIENCE

Paper 1 O.P GAUBA
Paper 2 Lakshmikant Basu and guide book by Chandra Prakashan for mains .

20.Booklist for Mains Optional 2 History

Ancient history R.S Sharma
Medieval history Satish chandra
Modern History Bipan Chandra
World History Norman Lowe

21.How did you prepare for the Interview?

Ans:  Firstly I revised the static part of both the optionals as well as GS. Then for current affairs I read daily newspaper.

22.What did you wear for the interview?

Ans: I wore a green mekhela chaddar.

23.What was the name of the board and what was the duration of the interview?

Ans: Mukti Gogoi sir’s board , duration was around 20mins.

24.What were the questions asked during your interview?

Ans: Meaning of my name ,When was Assam association formed ?, Battle of Saraighat, Statue of Unity , Different names of the river Brahmaputra in Arunachal Pradesh ,Joymoti, Gadadhar Singha etc.

25.How confident were you of your success or were you nervous or de-motivated/doubtful at times?  How did you keep yourself motivated during the preparation process? (Your stress management techniques)

Ans: I was nervous at times  but I always tried to remain positive and whenever I was stressed I listened to music it’s the best stress buster  and I even watched movies at times .

26.Were you engaged in any other activity (job, studies) or giving full time to preparation?

Ans: I did full time preparation .

27.What was your Career Back up plan?

Ans: No career back up plan fully focused on my preparation.

28.There are a lot of pressures/obligations/obstacles in an individual’s life which tend to affect their preparation. Did pressures like ‘completing Post Graduation’, ‘getting a job first then prepare’, ‘hectic job’, ‘getting married’ or any other come in your way?

Ans: Not as such.

29.What was the role of your family, friends, and spouse etc behind your success?

Ans:  The most important role was played by my family because they stood as my pillar of strength and always inspired and motivated me to chase my dreams so the reason behind my success is my beloved family. Apart from my family my friends also motivated me a lot and I feel blessed that I have them in my life.

1. Dos and Don’ts for APSC.

Ans: Dos : Make a proper strategy for preparation

Don’ts: Never give up

1. Your observations on APSC exam.

Ans: Have faith in yourself and the exam  and you will be able to crack it .

1. Finally your golden tips for upcoming aspirants.

Ans: Work hard because hard work always pays off.